Friday, January 11, 2013

Is Nose Hairs a Sin?

There ain't none righteous, nary a one. (Psalm 14:3, The Hillbilly Bible Series)

I see a lotta folks these days talkin' 'bout what is a sin and what ain't a sin. My thinkin' is it's a little late in the game to be splittin' hairs. Is homer-sexuality a sin?  Is marital high infidelity a sin? Is nose hairs a sin? Folks Time is short. We're in the fourth quarter a the ball game. I reckon the point I wanna make is what diff'ernce does it make? We all done sinned and we all need us a savior.

We need to know that we're loved unconditional like and we need to know that God loves us that way. We need that. But in order to git it, we gotta admit we need it. And therein lies the problem...human pride. We don't like that word "sinner".  You don't hear it much no more, but let me tell ye, there's somethin' dang wrong with the world and I reckon it's the fact that we got us a problem and that problem is that we're jacked up. We sin. We mess up. Ain't nobody perfect, that's all in the world that means.

Now, I know all about sin. I done it a time or two. You might say I'm a expert on sinnin'. I'm selfish. I done hurt folks. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes I look at gals like they was cheeseburgers and I had'n et in a month a Sundays. That's me.  Now, what hope has a fella like me got a makin' it to heaven?  None...nada...zilch...zero.

I gotta have somebody to speak up fer me. A fella cain't pull himself up by the bootstraps when he done messed up so bad they took his boots!  I need King Jesus....and if'n yer honest with yerself, you might find you do too.

Stevie Rey is the author of The Hillbilly Bible and a sinner saved by Grace.

2 comments:

Margo Carmichael said...

You done hit the nail on the haid, Stevie Rey! God bless ya!

Stevie Rey said...

Well, thank ya dear,